SAIL TRAINING @ BQYC
Sailing is a healthy outdoor activity that’s fun for the whole family. Here on the Bay of Quinte we are fortunate to have one of the best places to sail anywhere in the world. Experience the thrill of sailing this summer and enjoy it for the rest of your life.
All Sail training programs operate from the Bay of Quinte Yacht Club (BQYC) located at the tip of Victoria Harbour in Belleville. The air-conditioned building and classrooms are designed for training and larger groups. The grounds are a safe, park setting providing sunny and shady areas for many on shore activities, and on the Bay of Quinte for excellent sailing experiences. Dinghy summer lawn storage is available to our racers and members for a nominal fee.
At BQYC we have programs designed with you in mind,
- For Children & Youth from age 8 to 17
- ICanSail A one week long day camp program to introduce 8-11 year-olds to sailing
- CanSail Levels 1-4 Two week long day camps following Sail Canada CanSail program
- For Adults age 17+ (Adult Learn-to-Sail)
- Adult Learn-to-Sail Yachts (not offered in 2021 due to COVID-19)
- Adult Learn-to-Sail Dinghy Learn how to sail in single-handed Laser dinghies
A downloadable program guide book can be found here.
Code of Conduct
BQYC Sail Training adheres to a Code of Conduct to ensure that the youth, parents and volunteers experience a positive healthy learning environment. To download a copy of the Code of Conduct, please: Click here
The BQYC Sailing School's main focus is on the safety of our sailors. Below you will find our concussion policy as well as many resources on the subject
The policy addresses the four main components from Rowan's Law
- Education and Awareness
- Concussion Codes of Conduct for participants as well as leaders
- Removal from Sport Protocols
- Return to Sport Protocol
Join us for a Summer of Fun!
For more information about our programs, call or email us:
Please Register now to ensure your spot - limited enrollment is available!